Invictusis ® leadership course
Contact How it works About Client login VLE Recommendations
March 16, 2017
Food for thought.
Just a quick recap of the fundamentals a governing body must understand in order to have a positive impact on their school. 2 years old but still relevant as I have just found out...
Contents of the attached document:
Good to know: Key priorities (local and national imperatives) 1. Reducing the impact of poverty:
Comparing attainment for FSM pupils and non-FSM pupils, what was the gap last year?
What is it likely to be this year?
Is the gap getting wider or narrower?
2. Raise standards in English/ Welsh:
What does this actually entail?
3. Raise standards in numeracy.
4. Improve the quality of leadership
How systematically is leadership reviewed?
Can the head explain how s/he intends to make the school ‘excellent’?
Is the deputy providing the much-needed muscle?
Are the teachers with a TLR post able to lead their area and present their findings to the curriculum committee?
5. Improve the quality of teaching and assessment Are learning walks taking place? What is being learnt? What is their impact? Are lesson observations taking place? What is their impact?
How are pupils assessed?
How do pupils take part in the assessment process?
6. Improve attendance rates in primary and secondary schools:
7. Ensure that there is a quality cycle:
Actions are deliberately planned: The impact of these actions is reviewed systematically:
The subsequent actions needed are identified
Click here for the document
Many academies do not make one good MAT
August 24, 2017
March 26, 2017
Business: grow over 20 staff and learn the new rules
September 10, 2017